Implement periodical detection and reporting of anomalies to system admins
|Assignee:||Jan Mach||% Done:|
|Category:||Development - GUI|
- List of most common inspection errors in last day
- Examples of unclassified events or events without assigned severity
- List of detectors that are silent more than is usual
- List of accounts that are pending activation
Try to think about other useful information that might come in handy to system administrators.
Initial version of periodical anomaly detection scripts.
I have added prototype periodical anomaly detection scripts created by Pavel Kácha into Mentat package. So far these are just simple shell scripts intended to be executed periodically via cron that will simply use the PSQL utility to query database and send the result via email. Possible improvements might be to envelope these into Mentat script to make use of common configurations. (Redmine issue: #4222)
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
I have added periodical anomaly detection scripts created by Pavel Kácha to Mentat package. Possible additional improvement is to envelope them into Mentat script modules to make use of the framework features and common configurations.
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
I have extended the documentation with page about Mentat system administration and monitoring in particular. Part of the section describes usage of the currently implemented database sanity monitoring scripts, that were added with this issue. There is still a lot of room for improvements, however I now consider this issue to be resolved, because the current implementation is enough for our use cases and there are more important issues to do. Further improvements can be done as separate issues.