Move attachments from emails to web
Attachments in email reports cause a bit of headaches:
- they may cause mail undeliverable because of
- target mailserver size limits
- target mailserver file format/extension limits
- various users have various expectations of formats and compression
- supporting all this makes nearly impossible to create reliable reports for multiple recipients
So, consensus is to get rid of attachments in email, but leave the link to JSON data in email.
We should go gradually - add link, inform all affected (idea was to email abuse contacts, who have got at least one report in last year), leave grace period (3 months?), then remove attachments.
Also, question of CSV is still open, let’s ask GRID (Bodik), Upol, VUTBr at CESNET Spring Seminar in person.